Even after chanting OM HAM NAMAHA for a week, if there is no improvement or there is no movement, then to come out of the problem, chant HOOM KSHAM.
You can also chant this mantra with breathing. When you say HOOM exhale and inhale while chanting SHAM.
When you say HOOM the darkness will go out, that is the one that is surrounding the problem.
Sham means light, and the light should come to the third eye (Buddhi – intelligence). SHAM is the Bija mantra for third eye.
When the darkness goes out, light comes in or when the light comes in darkness goes out.
This is a solution finder.
In this usage of HOOM KSHAM mantra, the only disadvantage is that we do not know what solution will come.
The solution will come but since we could not identify the same because either we carelessly leave or simply neglect it.
The divine ways are different. We may think that the solution may not be so simple and therefore we may neglect.
Unfortunately, the one which you may neglect be the right solution for you. Therefore, we have to be careful when you get the solution by chanting this mantra.
In addition, we always think that the problem is insurmountable.
Therefore, we must observe keenly and particularly and work on what is simple.
How to Meditate
Meditation is an experience that no body can teach you. Neither can we go to deep into meditation suddenly as it’s a practice and a habit that is formed over a period of time.
Meditation means, to remain silent. Though, thoughts keep appearing. If any thought is present then it’s not meditation. How to remain thoughtless?
Remaining Silent With Releasing Techniques
How to remain silent in spite of thoughts? Mind can cling to picture or a mantra. Do we have a mantra for silence? There is no mantra for silence. However there is a technique to create silence. The technique is as follows:
- When a thought comes don’t resist it. Say inside you, ‘this is my thought’. Thus, you disassociate yourself from the thought.
- Then ask the question to yourself, ‘Can I let go this thought?’ It will go. You can also say “release”. Then it will go. Now there will be at least a one second gap between thoughts. This is equivalent to one hour of meditation. In general, we never have a gap between thoughts. In general we might have ten thoughts in one second.
- If you do not want the “let go” step, then form your own mantra or word. When we say that mantra, we create a gap between the thoughts.
- When a thought comes, interrupt it with the mantra and you will become silent. When another thought comes, say the mantra. The silence in between the mantra is meditation.
Pranic and physical bodies has to be in coordination
Our pranic body and physical body have to be in coordination. Otherwise, we can’t meditate. If we regulate our breathing pattern or do pranayama then they will be in coordination. This is because both breathing and prana have the same origin. When breathing is regulated, prana is regulated too.
Pranic body has to be clear of impurities
When the pranic body is clean, then the meditation can be done successfully. Why so much impurities in the pranic field. It’s due to the mind. My own sadness and worries create these impurities. With the help of pranayama, one can clean these impurities.
How to acquire a good breathing pattern?
- When you meditate, place the index finger at the base of the thumb on both the hands. Breathing will get deeper and you could meditate properly, as shallow breathing spoils it.
- Don’t take the index finger straight away move your finger to the base of the thumb. First touch the tip of thumb with the index finger. Then after some time, move the index finger to the middle of the thumb, and finally the base of the thumb.
- Don’t do it mechanically. Feel the breath with a conscious awareness.
- Observing your breathing is also a good way to meditate. This is part of meditation known as Vipasana meditation.
- After learning to breathe well, do the space meditation.
- Be aware of the space between the chair you are sitting and the wall. Don’t look at the wall. Instead look at the space between you and the wall.
- This is known as ‘Space Meditation’. Keep the eyes open throughout.
Bach Flower Remedies as Aids to Meditation
White chestnut helps to remove our thoughts, Chestnut bud not to have any distractions and Willow if you think one or the other bothers you.
Chant Mantra during Meditation
It’s nature of our mind to cling to something. You can choose a mantra to do that. After sometime you should be able to say goodbye to it. Mantra itself is not divinity. It means constantly thinking about a word, which is a mantra. Ultimately that also should go.
When it will go? We don’t know. May be, it’s not in this Janma.
Please refer the following blogs to read more on meditation and releasing techniques: