Last Shardiya Navratri, (Oct 2011) after going through your blog accidentally, I started reciting Namashivayam and have at least stopped indulging in loans though the business remains precarious.
Thank you for the mantra Namashivayam.
I was doing Om Namashivaya every Shravana about a Lakh or so + Hawan et al) and otherwise too.
But Namashivayam seems to have unlocked a few blockages. My meditation is better. I am in a smiling mode despite the surrounding ruins and remain generally hopeful.
Personally, I have done Vedic Sadhanas of 1.25 Lakh count, tarpan, marjan and Homam of various mantras including Om Namashivaya (during Shravana).
Yet, the Namashivayam brought in speedy movements and overall well-being, more on my mental and physical strength to cope with adversities. And I am amazed too, at the simple remedial measures.
What is the difference between Namashivaya and Namashivayam?
Is it Namashivaya or Namashivayam? What is difference between both?
When you chant NAMASHIVAYAM, it activates your right brain, the part of the brain that stores memories in images only. The connection to the Divine immediately happens. Right inspiration will happen as per the words.
In all the mantras I suggested, “M” is added.
Blogs on Namashivayam
The happiness mantra: http://healbymeditation.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/the-happiness-mantra/
Problems in Thyroid Glands: http://healbymeditation.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/mantras-from-colour-therapy-class-july-august-2010/
Shivohum means, ‘I am Siva’. I am that.
Our Decision Making Process is Poor
Whenever we need to take a decision, we have to know the positive side or negative side of it. Our decisions are imperfect, any decision for that matter, because we are limited by our own perception.
We know only two sides of the coin – right or wrong, positive or negative, and good or bad. However, a decision has to be tuned with the divine will. Unfortunately, we take our decisions unconsciously. But, we are lucky enough to take the right decisions sometimes.
Tuning with the Divine Will
Is there anything that will tune me to the divine will and give me the power of discrimination (Vivekam)? Is there a way, through which I can take decisions as per divine will or plan. The Shivohum mantra can help you in this regard.
Shiva means Mangalam. The one word that produces happiness in you is Shiva. By repeating that one can be happy, for the word Shiva produces happiness. How? Then, I become Shiva or an embodiment of Shiva.
Thinking like Divine
In the normal life, think, “Why not I become like divine? Why not I think like a divine?” If you think like divine, your life would be alright.
The Shivohum will keep you align with divinity.
Benefits of chanting Shivohum
The mantra gives you the state of happiness, so whatever you do will produce happiness.
HUM activates the throat chakra and thyroid. Our throat chakra can be energised and balanced.
HUM activates thyroid and purifies it, which is responsible for detoxification of the body. If any mental impurities are there, Hum will release it. Then you take the decision.
Shivohum activates the third eye chakra or higher perception. It’s the third eye, which is responsible for wisdom. However, we can’t directly activate our third eye. We have to release the impurities first.
Chanting of this mantra achieves both.
Air is highly polluted these days. What’s the basis of earthquake? Why it’s happening?
Bija Mantras and Mother Earth
Bija Mantras are essential for preventing earthquakes and thus our motherland. We have a moral duty to think about our mother earth. How we can serve it? The same bija mantras that work for us and on our chakras, can cleanse, clear, energize, balance and harmonize the five elements of mother earth. By chanting the bija mantras, you can help mother earth.
- The air element of mother earth is highly polluted as carbon dioxide is more.
- The violence in the form of wars and creation of nuclear reactors has destabilized mother earth (element).
- Drilling of oil is polluting the water element as de-balancing and destabilizing it. Structure and solidity of earth (element) is shaken too.
- Earthquake is created so as to create more space, as mother earth needs more space.
Let us show our Gratitude to Mother Earth
Chant, “Om Lum Namaha Om Vum Namaha Om Rum Namaha Om Yum Namaha Om Hum Namaha”. Five bija mantras take care of five elements.
Chanting the bija mantras for mother earth shows our gratitude to her. However, even after that, we have to say thanks a lot. Why? All our toxins, mental and physical are transformed by mother earth, when we release them.
Chanting for India
Visualize India map in your left hand. Affirm, “That part of mother earth be cleared, balanced and harmonized”.
Let the energy of the mantras cleanse, clear, energize, balance and harmonize the five elements and align them with higher self of mother earth (higher part of earth). Then it will get space. Om Hum Namaha will create more space in earth and thus there will be no earth quakes.
Effect of Bija Mantras on our Moods
We will get a good mood, by chanting bija mantras. When we chant bija mantras, we will feel energized and uplifted.
Beauty of Mantras
Same words combined differently will create a different effect. That’s the specialty and significance of mantras.
If one element is imbalanced, then all the other elements will become imbalanced too. In the same way, if one chakra is affected, others also will be affected. No point in healing one chakra.
Do the bija mantras in the order specified, for five minutes every day to express our gratitude for mother earth and heal ourselves as well.
Sri Ram Jaya Ram Jaya Jaya Ram
- Repeated recitation of this mantra will destroy mental sufferings
- You can cross any (troubled) waters
- For fulfilment and accomplishment
- Takes care of your next lifetime
Om Hreem Taha
- Mantra to curb violence anywhere
- A mantra for world peace
Om Hreem Padhma Nande(y)shwara Hoom
- Liberates you from the unwanted karmic influences from past lifetimes
- Protects one from any accident
- To build enormous wealth or to amass wealth, one has to chant this mantra day and night
- To help one come out of legal entanglements or confinement
Kadgam Saranam, Sangam Saranam, Saarngam Saranam
- To channelize anger or hurt
- To come out of temptation, craving, addictions, and infatuation
To take decision as per the divine will
Vajreswari Vaamadevi Vayo Avastha Vivarjitha
- You will become compassionate and everybody will start loving you.
- Your physical heart becomes stronger.
- You will always be youthful.
- We will die naturally, at the same time not be bed ridden.
- To have balance in the body.
Refer the blog for a detailed explanation on the mantra:
Wung R Hong
- Improves portal circulation as well as Brain Circulation
- Because we are standing up all through the day, very little blood goes to brain. This is taken care by the sound R. This mantra activates the nervous system too.
- To align the frequency of the Astral body with our Physical body apply this mantra. Bring the hands together to Hara chakra without any physical effort while chanting it continuously. Your left hand should come first and then the right hand.
The pronunciation rendering of mantras is provided in the CDs. Contact Shobana (98843 01634) if you are in Chennai to buy the CDs. The set of two CDs costs 200/-.
For those, outside Chennai, shipping charges based on the location will be added extra. Please send an email to email@example.com to know about the charges. Transfer the money online to the following bank account:
Standard chartered bank,
59, G.N. Chetty Road, T.Nagar, Chennai- 600017
S. Balakumar, S.B.A/c. No. 436-1-005392-7 SWIFT:SCBLINBB XXX